This week, we learned what the environment is and its components. We’ve also learned how we affect our environment. For your Unit 1 Complete assignment, write a narrative essay in which you address and discuss the questions and statements listed below. Use at least three scholarly sources and remember to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the READ and ATTEND sections in your essay. Quote your sources in APA format.
- Our environment is composed of many things, but they can all be categorized into living and nonliving entities. Discuss how living and nonliving entities interact at the ecosystem-level with examples.
- This country has a rich history in terms of environmentalism. Many of the early principles were based on the conservation ethic and the preservation ethic. Discuss these contrasting ethical approaches and identify their primary proponents.
- Why is environmental justice such a big issue these days? Please cite an issue that has occurred and what could have been done to remedy the problem.
- Environmental systems sometimes experience a circular system of feedback loops. How do positive and negative feedback loops work? Give an example of each.
- Discuss the first and second laws of thermodynamics. Use the term entropy in your description.
- Explain the concept of energy flow through an ecosystem vs nutrient cycling.