What do you think is the single greatest physical threat to information systems? Fire? Hurricanes? Sabotage? Terrorism? Discuss this question and provide support for your answer.
Some organizations prohibit workers from bringing certain kinds of devices into the workplace, such as cameras, cell phones, and USB drives. Some businesses require employees to use clear or see-through backpacks when carrying personal items. What other devices might not be allowed in certain facilities, and why would they be restricted? The video on Google’s Data Center may give you some ideas to write about for this assignment.
Your written assignment should consist of 2-3 paragraphs.
- 8.1 What is the difference between RFC 5321 and RFC 5322?
- 8.2 What are the SMTP and MIME standards?
- 8.3 What is the difference between a MIME content type and a MIME transfer encoding?
- 8.4 Briefly explain base64 encoding.
- 8.5 Why is base64 conversion useful for an e-mail application?
- 8.6 What is S/MIME?
- 8.7 What are the four principal services provided by S/MIME?
- 8.8 What is the utility of a detached signature?
- 8.9 What is DKIM?
In no less than 250 words, describe a type of email threat and how a hacker can use it to get sensitive information. How can a network administrator prevent this type of attach from happening?