The part of selling that comes the closest to an Art Form is Objection Handling. So, a good movie clip can help illustrate this point. Review the short sales call Objection handling video from the movie Total Recall located below and answer these questions:
- How many objections does the ReKall salesperson get in this sales call.
- What are those objections? Please list them.
- How does the Rekall salesperson react when he get objections in this sales call.
- What does the Rekall do after his initial reaction?
- How does the Rekall salesperson transition from solving the objection to closing?
- What is the final outcome of the sales call when the objections hare handled in a harmonious manner?
B—-Read the short Chapter 5 Case on page 124 titled “Developing a Strategic Prospecting Plan” at the end of the chapter and answer these questions:
- What methods should Jennifer use to generate sales leads beyond those provided by her company?
- How should Jennifer ‘qualify’ the leads provided by her company and those she generates herself?
- What is the profile of an ideal prospect?
- How should Jennifer prioritize her qualified prospects?
- What information should she collect about the prospects to help her prepare for a sales encounter? How can she use LinkedIn in the prospecting process?
Ignore the Role Play.