Application – The Container Store: Intense Employee Commitment
- Read the Experiential Learning Case about the Container Store on page 436 of your textbook. The main thrust of this case is that The Container Store puts a high premium on employee motivation, hoping to improve customer service and resulting in increased share of market, sale and profits.
- Answer the following questions about this case:
- There are several Motivation Theories discussed in this case and the chapter. Which did the Contained Store use? Were they effective? Comment on some elements of the theories used.
- Where do Process and Content Theories fit into the Container Store’s use of motivational theories?
- Use a Word document to formulate your answers. Submit your document as an rtf file using the Assignment link.
This assignment is worth 20 points toward your course grade. I will grade this assignment on the basis of how well you fulfill the assigned questions, how well you show that you understand the chapter terms and ideas, and your consideration of additional perspectives (including your own). Refer to the following table to understand how this assignment will be graded:
Use of Terms and Ideas Learned; Consideration of different perspectives