Throughout this course, you will be working on a paper 750-1,000 word research paper on a controversial topic involving a cultural identifier and the implications for K-12 public education.
Your first draft of the research paper will be due in Topic 4 when you will be required to submit it in a CLC assignment for peer review, and your final version will be submitted in Topic 7.
In this assignment, you will identify and summarize research relating to the topic of your paper. Begin by reviewing the list of cultural identifiers found in Topic Materials.
Identify a controversial topic such as transgender bathrooms, same-sex relationships, religious clothing, etc. in K-12 education that involves one or more of the cultural identifiers. This topic should include two or more viewpoints that are for and against the issue.
Research a minimum of three scholarly sources from the last 3 years and submit a 500-750 word summary that includes the following:
- Describes the cultural identifiers discussed in the articles.
- Summarizes the historical background of the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic in K-12 education.
- Identifies arguments presented for and against the issue.
- Discusses any associated injustices arising from the issue.
- Describes how teachers and students are affected by the cultural identifiers and associated controversial topic.
- Summarizes solutions and/or proposed solutions to associated injustices.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.