TOPIC: Comparison of Leadership Models and Styles
Leadership models abound. For this assignment, you will have two parts submitted as one assignment. In Part One you will review an assortment of models and styles and make a comparison of servant leadership to other models of leadership, including at least one model of transformational leadership. Also, contrast how these models bring about change in organizations. In Part Two you will look at leadership styles, determine yours, and compare the results of the personal model inventory and your personal leadership style.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Complete the “Personal Model of Leadership” tool to find your personal model.
- Complete the Leadership Development Questionnaire (“Leadership Development -Test One – What is your leadership style?”).
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least three additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper that discusses how your personal model of leadership and leadership style may be applied in your work and how it compares to servant leadership and other models.
- Discuss your personal model of leadership and how you might apply it in your role as a doctorally prepared advanced practice nurse.
- Analyze how your personal model reflects a practice of servant leadership.
- Compare servant leadership to two other leadership models.
- Discuss how leaders implement each of the models and how they fit with your personal model.
- Contrast the effectiveness of these models to bring about change in an organization.
- Evaluate how your personal model of leadership works in conjunction with your leadership style.
Develop an action plan using SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Relevant, and Timely) with an evaluation of personal development to work on two areas of personal improvement for your leadership style. The plan must include at least two SMART goals.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting.
Smith, M. A. (2011). Are you a transformational leader? Nursing Management 42(9), 44-50. doi:10.1097/01.NUMA.0000403279.04379.6a
Yaslioglu,M. M., & SelenayErden, N. (2018). Transformational leaders in action:Theory has been there, but what about practice? IUP Journal of Business Strategy, 15(1), 42-53.
George, B. (2005). Authentic leaders. Leadership Excellence, 22(10), 3-4.
Humphries, J. H. (2005). Contextual implications for transformational and servant leadership: A historical investigation. Management Decision, 43, 1410-1431.
Russell, R. F. (2001). The role of values in servant leadership. Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 22(2), 76-84.
Schneider, M. (2002). The stakeholder model of organizational leadership. Organization Science, 13(2), 209-222.
Explore the Robert K. Greenleaf Center for Servant-Leadership website.
Use this to assist with Part One of the Comparison of Leadership Models and Styles assignment.
Use this chart to assist with the Comparison of Leadership Models and Styles assignment.
Use this questionnaire to assist with Part Two of the Comparison of Leadership Models and Styles assignment.
URL: http://www.nursingleadership.org.uk/test1.php Aligned To: 0 Learning ObjectivesAligned To: 0 Learning Objectives