Assignment 1: Protecting the Environment: Training in Environmental Law in IndonesiaDue Week 9 and worth 130 points
Read the article titled “Lessons learned from the Indonesia Australia Specialised Training Project, Environmental Law and Enforcement”, located here. This case study describes a 12-week “Environmental Law and Enforcement” workshop the International Development Law Organization (IDLO) held in Sydney, Australia for a group of 18 Indonesian, judges, prosecutors, environmental law enforcement officers, and environmental non-government organizations’ lawyers. Thoroughly review this case study and the challenges posed to global educators contained within this case study. Concentrate on the leadership skills that will be needed to create and maintain educational opportunities in this stricken community for students of all ages and for all subject areas.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- Differentiate between global and multicultural education and how each was exemplified in this example.
- Speculate on the salient manner in which the environmental law and enforcement workshop could possibly prepare its attendees to address the myriad of unique challenges that the Indonesian context might pose. Justify your response.
- Hypothesize the extent to which instructional interventions would reduce future degradation of Indonesia’s environment. Provide justification for your hypothesis.
- Prepare an argument that convinces government officials to educate local citizens and lawmakers each to prevent future damage to the environment and provide strategies for improving enforcement of environmental law. Provide support for your argument.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.