Read Ch. 5, Incident 2, “I am Qualified, Why Not Me?”
Write a 700- to 1,400-word analysis, using your research, of the incident, “I am qualified, Why Not Me?” Include the following in preparing your response:
- Discuss whether or not Bobby has a legitimate complaint. (Consider HR principles and employment law along with motivation principles). Does any organization, like Crystal Productions, have a responsibility to provide training and development opportunities to enhance promotion from within?
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of a promotion from within policy and whether such a policy would be appropriate for Crystal Productions.
- Identify what the Head of HR should consider as the first step in creating the policy, who should be involved in developing the policy, and what should be done in preparing for implementation. (avoid first person language).
- Recommend the desired goals/outcomes of such a policy and the impact the new policy would have on staffing and performance management strategies for the organization.
- Summarize what impact the changing workforce might have on the new policy.
- Summarize a brief policy that addresses hiring from within.
Include a minimum of 3 sources to support your work comprised of the course text and 2 peer reviewed journal articles (see Announcements section for definition of a peer reviewed journal source). Government and professional organization websites are good sources but will be considered as additional sources to the 3 required.
Format the paper to APA standards. There is a template in the Announcements section to help with proper formatting of the cover page. There is another handout posted in the Announcements section that has the main general rules of APA.