Reading scientific literature is important in professional development for anyone in the medical field. However, reading research articles and scientific articles can be challenging. This activity will reinforce your understanding of microbiology, as well as teach you how to read, comprehend, and apply concepts useful for microbiology.
- Read the following articles:
- Answer the following questions in 1–2 double-spaced pages following APA (7th ed.) format.
- Based on these articles, do you agree that vaccines are safe? Why or why not?
- How is the safety of vaccines tested?
- What led researchers to conclude the MMR vaccine does not cause autism?
- As a nurse, how would you use this information to educate your patients about the safety of vaccines?