I need these questions in about 200 words each
1. Give a definition for the term(s)-
a. Estimated standard error
b. t statistic
2. Give an example of its use in applied research.
1. I was blessed to travel to Japan in summer 2019 to join my youngest daughter to tour her lab and travel around for a few weeks. She completed 10 weeks of undergraduate research at Ritsumeikan University using the Plantago major plant. It is a common weed/plant in yards and I have used it to treat burns and bee stings (Jeanroy, 2019). My daughter extracted a compound from the plant, made 3 fractions, and fed the fractions to diabetic mice to examine efficacy for treatment of the disease by examining hepatic and pancreatic cells (proud mom here!). Abud et al. (2017) also conducted a similar experiment.
· QUESTION: What type of epidemiological study might be appropriate to examine the efficacy of this plant extract diabetes treatment among humans?
Abud et al., (2017). Hypoglycemic Effect due to Insulin Stimulation with Plantago major in Wistar Rats. Med Aromat Plants (Los Angels) 6:3. Retrieved from https://www.longdom.org/open-access/hypoglycemic-effect-due-to-insulin-stimulation-with-plantago-major-inwistar-rats-2167-0412-1000292.pdf
Jeanroy, A. (2019).How to Identify and Use the Plantain Plant. Retrieved from https://www.thespruce.com/what-is-a-plantain-herb-1762301
2. Executive Order On Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government.
I am so happy and encouraged to see President Biden acting so quickly to begin the fight to help dismantle racial inequities. Please review the executive order set forth by the Biden administration to address racial inequities and let me know your thoughts.
The White House. (2021). Executive Order On Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2021/01/20/executive-order-advancing-racial-equity-and-support-for-underserved-communities-through-the-federal-government/